This is episode 135 of The Middle Age. You can read the story from the beginning here.
Shop Talk: This one was more work than usual – I went even crazier with the colors and I wanted this episode to accomplish a lot:
- It presents a basic recap for new readers (our hero’s quest, the woeblade’s hate and thirst, and an establishing shot for the action to come) in a novel way with two haiku.
- It sneaks in the fact that Phosphene’s name is three syllables. 🙂
- It has our characters talking past each other – which I love. 🙂
- It connects with the previous episode in a way I was a bit hesitant (our hero turns and sees his love in the flashback and we cut to seeing his love in the present, I was this close to adding a line like – ‘the story will have to wait’ – just to be reallly clear to younger readers).
- It includes a nod to Charlie Brown. 🙂
The Middle Age is now updating twice a week – on Mondays and Thursday! The Middle Age is made possible by my wonderful and kind supporters on Patreon!
Thank you all again! 😀
— Steve @theSteveConley